Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the computing arm of Amazon Inc. and is the larger provider of Cloud Computing Services in the world today. AWS allows individuals to rent computing, networking and storage resources over the internet and provides the tools to enable developers to create applications hosted off these resources. Combining all skills previously learnt at SG Code Campus with cloud computing will allow students to release their app creations to the world at scale!
What is Cloud Computing?
Ever used Google Docs to write a report, Apple iCloud to store your favorite photos or created that smashing new playlist on Spotify? If the answer is yes, then you have unwittingly consumed services from the mysterious Cloud.
Put simply, Cloud Computing refers to using other people's computers and servers to run your computing needs, usually over the internet. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's largest Cloud provider, operating hundreds of thousands of computers at data centre locations all over the world. AWS provides developers with the computing, networking and storage infrastructure they need to build and deploy that shiny new mobile/web app or run technology companies - learn how tech giants like Grab and Netflix leverage on AWS to build their success.
What is this course about?
In this course we will learn about the concepts of cloud computing and how it's often the answer to many computing needs compared to the traditional compute hardware.One will also be able to appreciate the high level abstraction that cloud computing provides, being able to scale infinitely/immediately and also professionally secured infrastructure that otherwise will be too difficult and expensive for traditional computing paradigms to even keep up.Students will be able to explore AWS S3 service to store terabytes of files, images, and generic files; as well as hosting static websites.
- Appreciate the high level abstraction that cloud computing provides, being able to scale infinitely/immediately and also professionally secured infrastructure that otherwise will be too difficult and expensive for traditional computing paradigms to even keep up.
- Explore AWS S3 service to store terabytes of files, images, and generic files; as well as hosting static websites.
- Construct backend applications using the Express framework (a light framework layer atop of Node.js) and subsequently deploying the same application to the cloud using AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Introduction to version control systems i.e. Git. Students will also appreciate the difference and connection between Git and GitHub - opening up their code portfolio as a self-building portfolio page.
- An online learning component which involves the completion of the following 4 badge programmes (self-paced learning) available through the AWS portal over the duration of the course. Successful completion of these programmes will lead to the awarding of a certificate of completion jointly issued by AWS and SG Code Campus.
Why choose us?
As an authorised Training Partner
in the AWS Partner Network, we are proud to offer the first youth coding programme in ASEAN
that leads to official Amazon Training, Certification and Credentials
.Completion of this programme leads to a Certificate of Completion
issued by AWS and will prepare students to sit for the AWS-proctored exam which confers the AWS Cloud Practitioner Credential
(#8 of the Forbes 2020 list
list of the top IT certifications in the world); exam fee to be paid separately.